Beauty Guru Las Vegas

Your source for beauty news, reviews and events in Las Vegas

Monday, August 15, 2011

Bargain Base

A great bargain foundation for around $9

I am not a big fan of liquid foundations, but as I age I find that I need a little more coverage. That being, said, I don't want to spend $30 or more on something I probably won't use everyday. I saw Sara mention L'oreal Paris' True Match Super Blendable liquid makeup on KLG and Hoda. She claims that this is the foundation used by their makeup artists. I used L'oreal's True Match Blendable Compact makeup and didn't like it, possibly because it was to heavy.
The key to L'oreal True Match is picking your shade. It is best to go to a drugstore and use their shade finder. You take this plastic swatch strip and place it over the under side of your wrist. Your shade is the color that fades away next your skin. You can also go on www.lorealparisusa.com and use their color match database. It will match your color based on your current favorite brand (limited). Once you find your shade, they will offer you a coupon. The foundation has a light creamy texture that you can apply with your fingers, a sponge or a brush. You can build on the coverage, but you should use a concealer first. You also get the benefit of SPF 17 protection. At $9, this foundation can compete with any department store brand.

No comments: